- EU H2020 project COMnPLAY SCIENCE - learning science fun and creative way.
- Jenny ja Antti Wihuri Foundation postdoctoral research project: Climate change in the News. Principal investigator: Dorina Rajanen.
- Jenny ja Antti Wihuri Foundation postdoctoral research project: Teachers’ role in shaping the educational network infrastructuring - positioned as designers of technology enhanced learning. Principal Investigator: Eija Halkola.
- Marie Curie ITN CHESS - Connected Health early stage researcher network (CHESS)
- Academy of Finland project MULTICS - Multi-scoped infrastructuring: Forming a knowledge infrastructure for ILTER Network (in Finnish: Moniulotteinen infrastrukturoituminen: Tutkimusinfrastuktuurin muodostaminen ILTER-verkostolle)
- Design@school - a long-term research effort related to bringing designerly thinking to schools
- Finnish Cultural Foundation funded DeMaKids project - Children as technology makers and shapers, integrating technology making into comprehensive school education
- European Social Fund (ESR) project LUNO - Lukiolaisista nostetta ohjelmistoalalle - Battling the gender segregation on our field by making IT field more interesting for female senior-highschoolers by teaching them programming and designerly thinking as well as giving them more information about our field in general. The project is done in collaboration with Oulu University of Applied Sciences.
- Ai-Move - Development of an artificial intelligence system for a service built to prevent and support musculoskeletal disorders funded by EIT-Digital . We cooperate with RI.SE (SE), Qinematic (SE), Bright Cape (NL)
Some completed Projects
Understanding and strengthening children’s participation and agency in issues concerning their life:
- Usability of Music for Social Inclusion of Children, EU IST 7thframework project 2008-2011 (UMSIC)
IT support for participatory urban design:
- Participatory Urban Design with Advanced IT support, Academy of Finland project 2008-2011 (PUDAS)
- Integrated project on Interaction and Presence in Urban Environments, EU IST 6th framework project, 2007-2011 (IPCity)
Another research stream has concentrated on understanding and supporting open and democratic development approaches, such as open source software development as a specific focus of study and My Data.
INTERACT is active e.g. in the following networks:
- the EveLINE (everyday life in technology-rich neo-communities) group,
- the iUBI (Ubiquitous Interaction) group
- COST action ENJECT
- COST action From Sharing to Caring: Examining Socio-Technical Aspects of the Collaborative Economy