Interact Publication Series
Publishing scientific work brings research findings to public attention and, according to scientific principles, subjects them to assessment by both the peers of the researcher, public at large, and the entire research community.
INTERACT is a scientific publication series publishing research studies and reports within the field of human-computer interaction, usability, user experience, user-centered design, participatory design, and other human-centered topics related to the design, development and use of digital products, information systems and services. The publications are published electronically with author permission in INTERACT website. In addition, the publications are published through Oulu University Jultika repository. The authors of the publications in INTERACT publication series retain their copyright, but are encouraged to release their publication under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
INTERACT publication series is mainly aimed for technical reports, white papers and other similar publications, but the series also publishes theoretical and empirical research papers, short papers, research-in-progress papers, conference and workshop proceedings and other types of scientific peer-reviewed publications on request. If the publication is peer-reviewed, it is identified as such in the publication.
Prospective authors, who may include PhD candidates as well as researchers from all over the world, are to first contact the series editor by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the type, title and abstract of their intended manuscript. Series editor makes the decision if the manuscript fits within the scope and policies of the INTERACT publication series and sends the formatting guidelines if the manuscript is considered fitting. Manuscripts for submission should be well conceptualized, soundly argued and based on original empirical or literature research on one or more of the topic of the INTERACT publication series. The manuscript should make a strong theoretical or empirical contribution and be written in an academic style accessible to a researcher and a informed general reader.
Publications in INTERACT publication series:
- INTERACT 6: Proceedings of the Mini-Conference on Transdisciplinary Research and Design (TRaD 2022). Dorina Rajanen, Mikko Rajanen, Netta Iivari, Leena Kuure, Tiina Keisanen, Marianne Kinnula, Tonja Molin-Juustila & Riikka Tumelius (Eds.). 2022.
- INTERACT 5: Interactive and participatory media for public engagement with climate change: A systematic literature review and an integrative model. Dorina Rajanen. 2021.
- INTERACT 4: Special Issue on Designing the future of technology with and for children. Kinnula, M. , Iivari, N., Sharma, S., Okkonen, J. & Kotilainen, S. (Eds.). 2020.
- INTERACT 3: Instructional Storyboard Outcomes of a Co-creation Workshop for Safety Culture in Digital Fabrication. Mikko Rajanen & Dorina Rajanen. 2020.
- INTERACT 2: Suomen taksamittarisääntelyn monitulkintaisuus. Väyrynen & Lanamäki. 2020.
- INTERACT 1: Drawing Together: Infrastructuring and politics for participatory design. Botero, Karasti, Saad-Sulonen, Geirbo, Baker, Parmiggiani & Marttila. 2019.