Trainee positions and scholarships for trainees in INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, University of Oulu, Finland, http://interact.oulu.fi) are available, to conduct practical training for two months full-time (also part-time for longer time period is possible). The scholarship for trainees is 1500 euros. Maximum of 3 trainees will receive the scholarship hopefully leading to a master’s thesis on the topic. The applicants are asked to select 1 or maximum of 2 topics that they consider relate most to their expertise and interest. The topics are the following:
- IoT and Smart Campus from the human/user point of view
- lapsuus.ouka.fi –sivustolle tulevan hätänapin käyttökokeilun tuki ja kokemusten raportointi
- Digital Fabrication and Making for Children (Data collection, data transcription)
- Mobiilien kielenoppimispelien kirjallisuuskatsaus ja sovellusanalyysi sekä käyttäjäkokemustutkimuksen suunnittelu, toteutus ja tulosten analysointi
- Tekoälyopetusta lapsille / AI education for schoolchildren (preferably a Finnish student but can also be international)
- A review and analysis of Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) apps: What are the existing UI/UX solutions for multimodal seamless transportation?
The applicant must have a suitable bachelor’s degree.
The applicant is expected to use this opportunity to get 5 ECTS from the “Work Experience in ICT responsibilities” (814601S) course. This will be done by applying the main procedures and templates from the course accordingly. Before starting the traineeship, a plan must be delivered with personal learning goals. For 2 months, a short weekly report on the progress and status of the training must be delivered. Finally, a final report must be prepared. Templates for all these documents are available in Optima workspace for the course and you will get access to this workspace from the responsible teacher of the course (firstname.lastname@example.org). By following this procedure for 2 months, 5 ECTS credits will be gained. In case you will be accepted, you should enroll to the course by sending mail to the responsible teacher of the course. All reports will be delivered through Optima workspace.
Students who already have credits for this course are not qualified as applicants.
Applications, together with all relevant enclosures, should be submitted to Professor Netta Iivari by 15.4.2019 through e-mail:
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- application letter (describing students’ background and motivation)
- a brief curriculum vitae
- latest transcript of records
Please indicate to which topic you apply.