Mini-Conference on Transdisciplinary Research and Design (TRaD) 2022
Call for papers (closed)
We seek submissions of short papers that focus on any aspect of the above area of interest. The word limit of a paper is 1500–3000 words excluding a 150-word abstract and references. A template must be used for the submission (see below). The language of the conference is English. The deadline for submissions is 2 February 2022. Decisions on acceptance will be made by 6 February 2022. The papers will be published in the INTERACT Publication Series (https://interact.oulu.fi/interact). Authors will retain the copyright of their papers.
Papers can be based on empirical studies or provide theoretical and/or methodological discussion on the conference theme. Papers which reflect on the experiences of doing transdisciplinary research are also welcome. In this first conference, we especially encourage submissions addressing questions of the following kind:
- What is transdisciplinary research and/or design?
- What (novel) approaches are used?
- What challenges and/or good practices have you encountered?
- What notable results are there to learn from?
In addition to these topics, we welcome submissions that discuss and explore research experiences and perspectives on any issues and questions relevant to advancing transdisciplinary research and design. Papers must cite relevant published work and clearly indicate the importance of the submission to transdisciplinary research and design.
The authors of accepted papers will be given a presentation slot, and they are encouraged to consider novel presentation methods. The format of the conference and the keynote speakers are confirmed when the final range of participants/submissions has been established.
The papers will not be peer reviewed. The papers are accepted for presentation and publication in the conference proceedings based on the following evaluation criteria: papers fit into the conference theme; they are relevant to the conference topics; they are original, have not been published before, are written in good English; and are formatted according to the template.
The final selection of papers will be made by the organizing committee. The organizing committee reserves the right to ask authors for specific changes as a precondition to publication.
2 February 2022 - Deadline for paper submission (extended from 31 Jan 2022)
6 February 2022 – Notification of acceptance (extended from 4 Feb 2022)
14 February 2022 – Conference date
Registration: no registration required
The conference is arranged by the INTERACT Center for Transdisciplinary Research https://interact.oulu.fi/ctr in collaboration with EveLINE, a multidisciplinary research group at the University of Oulu. They share an interest in people's (inter)actions and agency in technology-rich everyday life, and transdisciplinary research.
The organising group:
- Noora Hirvonen, Research Unit for History, Culture and Communications, Faculty of Humanities
- Netta Iivari, INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Tiina Keisanen, Research Unit for Languages and Literature, Faculty of Humanities
- Marianne Kinnula, INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Leena Kuure, Research Unit for Languages and Literature, Faculty of Humanities
- Tonja Molin-Juustila, INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Dorina Rajanen, INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Mikko Rajanen, INTERACT Research Unit, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- Riikka Tumelius, Research Unit for Languages and Literature, Faculty of Humanities