From field to desk: A transdisciplinary qualitative method course
3rd-4th October, 2016 at Ice Breaker Stage, TellUs Innovation Arena, University of Oulu, Finland
GRI, University of Gothenburg
Registration by September 9th, 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main textbook used is Czarniawska, B. (2014) Social science research from field to desk (London: Sage).
HOMEWORK (to be done before the course)
- Textbook: Prologue, Chapter 1
- Answer the following questions about your own work
- What do I want to know?
- Why do I want to know just this?
- How will I learn about it?
Day 1: Monday 3rd October
- First session (10-12): Presentation of students' projects
- Second session (13-15): Studying management and organizing: a call for a symmetric ethnology
- Third session (15.30-17.00): Grounded theory: Study design
Day 2: Tuesday 4th October
- First session (10-12): Fieldwork: Direct observation & shadowing
- Second session (13-15): Making sense of texts
- Third session (15.30-17.00): Writing it up